Lehigh Valley Educators Credit Union came into existence on January 19, 1934, chartered in the State of Pennsylvania as a State Credit Union. Its purpose was to promote thrift among its members and make a means of credit available for provident and productive purposes. The original field of membership consisted of teachers, employees of the credit union, and members of their families. In the beginning, our membership was serviced in a total manual and volunteer operation with very little exposure. Today our credit union supports a sizable full-time staff and serves our membership through two full service locations: 3720 Hamilton Blvd in Allentown and 4031 Independence Drive in Schnecksville.
From a small, volunteer operation, we have grown to a membership of over 17,000. Total credit union assets are in excess of $300 million and we offer a full range of financial services.
LVECU is one of the approximately 6,000 cooperative credit unions in the United States. It is regulated by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the U.S. Government. Its membership is limited to the groups of persons having a common bond of occupation or association. LVECU has no capital stock and no absentee owners. The members have the only claim on the assets. After expenses have been paid, most remaining funds are distributed to the members in the form of dividends. More than 101 million people belong to a credit union.
Board of Directors
William Ayers - President
Gary Fedorcha - Vice President
Eugenia Emert - Secretary
Ryan Van Norman
We will grow our credit union through long-term member relationships and partner with our members to meet their expectations.
We will maintain a solid financial foundation which benefits our members and employees.
We will promote a culture where each employee demonstrates a passion for excellence.
To be the primary provider of financial services for the Lehigh Valley educational community.